NOTE: With the goal of supporting users, sensor data is published in near real-time and has not been fully quality controlled. Before using this data for analysis, please contact email@example.com to request any information that might be relevant to your objectives.
Hakai maintains a growing sensor network, consisting of meteorological stations, terrestrial sensor nodes and stream sensor nodes. Read more about the sensor network here. Data from many of these sensor nodes is available in near real-time, and can be found at http://hecate.hakai.org/sn.
Using the quick-link buttons found on the main data file page, seen in the image below, you can quickly filter the list to only include the files are you most interested in viewing. Clicking on the link in the Data file column will bring you to a page where you can view and download sensor data.
The following data files may be particularly interesting, depending on your interests.
- All streams: daily measurement summary, hourly measurement summary (last 12 weeks)
- All wells: daily measurement summary, hourly measurement summary (last 12 weeks)
- Meteorological Stations (last 12 weeks): Calvert Island (Lookout), Calvert Island (Mt Buxton), Koeye (Fitz Hugh), Ethel Island (Rivers Inlet), Quadra Island
- Terrestrial Sensor Nodes (last 12 weeks): TSN1, TSN2, TSN3
- Watershed Sensor Nodes (last 12 weeks): WS626, WS693, WS703, WS708, WS819, WS844, WS1015
Standalone sensor data
Hakai maintains a large number of standalone sensors that are not accessible in real-time. In general, data from standalone sensors is not accessible using the sensor network data portal listed above. Here are some quick-links to access data from some of the Hakai standalone sensors (login required):
- Pruth Bay water temperature profile
- WS693 lake water temperature profile
- Bute Inlet conductivity
- Bute Inlet water temperature
- Koeye River conductivity
- Koeye River water temperature
- Koeye River water depth (above sensor)
- WS703 stream temperatures (TB9 to TB11)
- WS708 stream temperatures (TB1 to TB5)
- WS819 stream temperatures (TB12 to TB14)
- WS1015 stream temperatures (TB6 to TB8)